Why do people on this board always do this to me? They always use horribly assinine analogys, utterly devoid of even the most tenuos grasp of the issue. Like that moronic screwdriver analogy. The difference between screws and computers, insofar as we're concerned, is that most people can afford to own two screwdrivers, but most people cannot afford to own two computers. Also, you can usually use a regular screwdriver in a philips screw. Also, things more or less remain static in the world of screws, don't they?
The "myriad of formats" thing you bring up is stupid aswell, but it kind of supports my argument. In the very early days of the cinema, the late 19th century, there was more then 35mm film available. There was a couple of fairly similar formats with slightly different dimensions that were pretty much the same. At this point in time, there was no clear "winner". Then, for some reason that I don't know and is not important, 35mm became popular and then it became the standard. It became a staple of the film industry around which all innovation - from colour film stock to dolby digital to cinemascope developed. And, in my humblest of opinions, PCs will become the 35mm format of the personal computer arena. Macintosh will become an obscure foot note in it's history.
And thats all I have to say about it.
If any of you think I'm arrogant you are right. I am a narcasstic, conceited egotist. But I'm right.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
